Public Safety    Fallen Members


Police Department



Hours of Operation

  • Monday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
  • Tuesday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
  • Wednesday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
  • Thursday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
  • Friday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Contact Information

  • By Phone
    • EMERGENCY: 911
    • NON EMERGENCY Station Phone (M-F, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm): 603.362.4001
    • After Hours Contact Phone: 603.362.5536
    • Fax: 603.362.4785
  • By Email
  • By Mail
    • Atkinson Police Department, 27 Academy Avenue, Atkinson, NH 03811

Available Forms and Documents

Useful Links


  • Q - How do I request an accident report?
    • A - Due to recent changes of the Driver Privacy Act (NH RSA 260:14), it has been determined that the State of NH Department of Safety, Division of Motor Vehicles is the only entity authorized to release driver information, including accident reports.

      Going forward, any party involved in an accident who wishes to request a report will need to complete DSMV Form 505 (pdf) and submit it to the State DMV. Any questions regarding this process can be directed to the Division of Motor Vehicles by email at or by telephone at (603) 227-4040.
      You can also find additional information on the DMV Website.

  • Q - How do I apply for a house alarm permit?
    • A - Download and complete the Town of Atkinson NH Alarm Ordinance & Application (pdf). The first and second occurrence of a false alarm within a six month period is free of charge. The third through sixth false alarm(s) within a six month period shall be charged at the rate of $25.00 per occurrence. After six of more false alarms - the Chief of Police may suspend the permit to operate an alarm.
  • Q - How do I request criminal record information?
    • A - Apply in person at New Hampshire State Police Headquarters - 33 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH (with picture I.D.) or download the NH Criminal History Check (pdf). Mail in the application (to above address above) notarized by either a Notary Public or Justice of the Peace. A release to a third party requires a similar notarization and a third party signature. There is a $15.00 fee.
  • Q - How do I obtain a New Hampshire Pistol Permit?
    • A - Download and complete the NH Pistol Permit Application (pdf). Apply in person at the Atkinson Police Department (with picture ID). There is a $10.00 fee.
  • Q - How do I request an Incident Report?
    • A - Submit a request in writing (state the date, time, and location of the incident). There is a $15.00 fee.
  • Q - Where can I get a gun lock?
    • A - The Atkinson Police Department has free gun locks courtesy of the Department of Justice's Project Child Safe. Anyone can come to the station during normal business hours and request a free lock!
Return to Top